Membership in the SCCA is required, for the Driver and hot pit access, at all SCCA sanctioned events. Weekend passes are available at registration.
A. Drivers holding SCCA National, Regional, or Vintage licenses, along with those holding SCCA Novice Permits as provided in AppC.2.7.F.
B. Canadian Residents holding current ASN National Licenses, are 21 or years of age or older, and are members of SCCA.
C. SCCA members holding competition licenses issued by SCCA approved organizations.
The event Supplemental Regulations must list the particular organizations and licenses
or else include the entire group by reference to this section. Minors possessing competition licenses issued
by SCCA approved organizations must also complete the minor competition license requirements
found in SCCA GCR Appendix C 2.5.
The organizations whose licenses are currently approved by SCCA for competition in Regional events are as follows:
1. BMW CCA Club Racing Full Competition
2. Confederation of Autosport Car Clubs (CACC) Competition
3. FIA Issued by any sanctioning body
4. Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) HSR License
5. ICSCC Area Road Racing or International Road Racing licenses
7. Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC) Full and Novice permit
8. Miller Motorsports Park Racing Association Full Competition License
9. NASA Full Competition
10. Ontario Region CASC Regional
11. Porsche Club of America Full Competition
12. SCCA Pro Racing
13. Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA)
14. Vintage Auto Racing Association Full Competition
15. Vintage Motorsports Council VMC
16. Waterford Hills Road Racing Club Full
17. West Canada Motorsport Association Amateur
18. Eastern Motor Racing Association (EMRA) Competition License.
19. Atlantic Region Motor Sports (ARMS) Regional Competition License
Special instructions for VRG drivers
VRG is unfortunately not on the
list from SCCA National of acceptable licenses. They should be because SVRA,
HSR, and many similar organizations are, and I think it would only be a matter
of an official request to SCCA HQ to add them - but for now, they are not. Any
member of VMC may petition the VMC for VMC National License for one of their
members, but SCCA only recognizes the VMC National license and licenses from a
couple of VMC member groups.
So what any VRG licensees who want to race at the Fun One need to do is this:
1. Go to http://the-vmc.com/hostedfiles/VMC-LicenseApp.pdf and download the form. You will have to have 3 completed (without incident) races with VRG.
2. Fill it out and send it with a check for $25, a "passport photo" and your current medical to the VRG license administrator who is:
22 Courtland St
Holliston, MA 01746